Someone said "Time is what we want most,but what we use worst.". Now that December is next door, time is swishing past me like a bullet train. Too philosophical to start aye !
Rewind ............. March 2012. It was a time when things changed to a new direction. But yes a welcome direction, I can say. Why am I thinking all this? In exactly one month from now, my conversational "I' will change to "we". Even though the invite letter will says we today, but officially yes one month ahead. Will "we" work? Lets see.
I moved to a new house last week. I have been dying to move to a new place for a long time, especially because of my roommate. I used to spend most of my time there (old house) getting things in order with groceries and other things. So I used to wish strongly, when can I give up this caretaker role for a lazy bum. Guess what, all that anticipation gave me one hell of a busy week and lots of other preparation before it. Good riddance but !
Packaging was done rather meticulously and took me at least a day to do it. And yes last minute packing frenzy was also there. Because Aditya was there, it was a bit easier, otherwise it could have taken even longer. So much legacy was left behind by my old roommates. Half of the stuff that I left behind is all that.
Enter new house and its problems. When I left the old house, it had its own issues. We never fixed it because we were leaving anyway. My new house is a flat. I have lived in a flat at my mama's place during my childhood but we lived like a guest not like who is managing the show. Here I need to get all the stuff right. And I wanted to do all of that in a blip. I wanted instant fix for everything. If I could have my way, everything would be fixed in one day. But as I know, after a week these things take time. And slow is better. I got the basic appliances pretty quick and most of it is set. So many years of living in a shared house and then suddenly a flat was stupefying at best. I became stretched and did not realize that I was going too fast. I did not listen to Aditya or Aboli who said we will see this slowly. My mind was full of pre-decided plans and I could think no further than execute execute! Now after a week when I have all that out of the way, I laugh at myself.
Hey! you would say. Where is the time flies thing? Did I forget? Nah.
Last March seems a distant month, but the memories do not. I can still remember what happened on 9th of March. All my trips to Mumbai and all her trips to Bangalore were the most awaited things on the calender. Even though I catched an early morning flight always for that, the odd flight timing was the least that could bother me. Poems, shayaris, anecdotes, fun times it does not seem so far away from when it began. How she was when I first met her and how she is now is very different, but in a good way. I guess it is her tick-tock going away that is making all these changes. Good bye tick-tock! With exactly one month left now, both of us are busy with numerous changes and planning activities. Our parents are probably doing much more than that. But sitting here remotely I can only approximate. There are some changes that I am seeing in her and me, as the year end is approaching, which in short is like two magnets kept near each other. And the magnetic strength is increasing pretty fast. But, these magnets are separated by a drying river of time, which will evaporate completely in one month to be exact. There are still some open chapters, like her job, but it will get closed soon ( that is what I feel ).
I was guy who used to say a lot I think I think, and towards the end of this blog I think I am feeling more than thinking after 8 months. Some changes are not simple !
I have absorbed my life now. I am ready for my music to unfold. I know time flies, but before the end of this year, the album will be out.
1 comment:
Finally someone realized that he was not listening... And the truth is on the Blog...:P
Post a Comment