Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Cold Affair

My stay in Mumbai is almost nearing its end. I have been staying luckily in a single room for all this while. But recently I had a slight change of inhabitation.

Some wise guy from Kol demanded a single room @ mumbai, so the incharge @ off trying 2 save expenses if he stays @ hotel made me move to a sharing arrangement for 2 days. In back of my mind I thought " who is this lamo who cannot share a room and that too for 2 days. " . But the strange thing to happen was that after he left some other guy gets assigned to the same room and I am deprived of the room that I have been using for the past 1.5 months. I didn't have a problem with sharing a room, but the damn guest house has absolute lack of maintenance and the bed that I was given was just too short in dimension either ways. I was pissed and felt cheated. The next day, after I came back from work I moved all my stuff back into my older room ( although this pissed off the other guy who was in the room - although he never said so ).
He tried to use the guest house's incharge to force me to leave the room, but I didn't move an inch( I am so proud :)) ) .The other guy is a new joinee to the company, and after a little help from the address book I found out that he is 4.3 yr TCS guy. He speaks in a sort of American Accented English and tries to act in a NRI sorta way.

Its December now, but the cold weather that I am so accustomed to is nowhere to be found here. So if I say that I am having a tap stuffed leaking inside my nose in this weather, that would be rather strange. At first I thought it was due to dust, etc, but today it occurred to me. It was the other person in my older room ( the one who came in later ), who had the cold !