Sunday, December 16, 2007

TITLE = NONE

As the next year approaches it would probably the end of my long stay in Mumbai....... well there has been some pretty good times and bad times during this period.

Mumbai is a busy city. Always on the move. But this always on the move behaviour leaves no room for me - a lazy guy ; to rush back home ( guest house these days ). The long travel time has taken a toll on me. So even after almost a month I haven't really gone anywhere much around here, except the usual mAll'S . My hard disk broke down due to my own carelessness. This at first made me sad, because it had all my stuff in it. Being a guy who needs constant feed of audio output from the computer, it made me pretty uneasy as first, but it made me to look at other places. I have been exploiting the GPRS capability that my phone has a lot these days. I use it such a lot that my phone gives up and halts due to low battery ! Well neways ( or anyways - for the purist ) back to the hunt - I stumbled across the AOL Radio with (((XM))) . At first I though it to be just any other radio streaming service - but it was g00d ! It was really good. I liked it so much that I listened to it 5 hrs ( on 1 channel ). It had some good tracks lined up on the alternate xtreme rock section , and I liked em. Although after a while ( a few days ) I realized that they keep repeating the same stuff all over again :) .


Although my current job is my first job, and by the current standards it is an okay company and pays okay for a noobie like me. Some time back I heard one of my friends say what the hell does an experienced guy gain in a year that a fresher does not. My friend at that time was pissed off at the xtra package being given off to a guy who had similar qualifications but had a year experience. I would have agreed to him then, but after a few months of work I would rather say the otherwise. Apart from this usual mumbling of what I am doin and what I am not, I believe I should atleast give the following a informal go. It would appear rather childish / silly of me when I say, that "hey I want to be the ceo/boss of a company" , when I barely have completed my first few projects. Some of friends say that I would be rather soft boss, and would rather not be able to control people. But I say if I was not yesterday, that doesn't mean that I would not be able learn to do it in future. Being rather inexperienced I guess no one would make me a ceo/boss at this juncture of my life - so I thought why not have my own company !! Then there would be no one in this damn world who can not make me the boss ( hehe :) ) . At first I gave a nod to it - agreeing that yes that is the greatest idea I ever had with a smile on my face. But then the pessimistic me came back and said how the hell are you goin to run a company when you dont have anything to run a company ( leave aside the financial part ) . I thought ... for along time then it came back to me ... yes I could create something that I like and something that is really needed in the world out there. For all those ppl thinking that is he thinking about yet another services company - YOU ARE WRONG. Well as of now I don't think that it would be anything like Infi/Wipro/etc , but would be more of a company where everything is done just for fun. And what can be better if this fun can turn out to profit !!

So where do I start, I guess XAP , my long wished app, which I am currently developing. XAP stands for eXtensible Animation Platform( and yes it is not a offshoot of Apache's XAP). When I was working for opensoft during my final yr at coll. I had to build a flash based gui app that worked on algorithmic programs in the background. As a pro Linux guy I was a bit comfortable as it required a windows system to run it. This is where this project was born. As of today there is no app that can rival Macromedia Flash. There is an open flash community but it is more or less geared towards ActionScript compilers, and isn't much help for a animator. Although I aint much of an animator but always would love linux based animation development to happen. Some of the people do it in Macs, but macs aint cheap and there aint a mac store in my backyard, so what if I could do it on linux ! This little dream of mine is far from complete, and probably is not so easily achievable. It will take some time,but at least there is a beginning.

No comments: