Saturday, August 7, 2010

3 years :)

Its been three years now. Back then I was a geeky guy who used love computers as if there is no one else. In these three years I have been to different cities and worked with different people, some of whom I still work with and some whom have already left the organization for different roads. During all these years, I learnt the most when I was in Delhi.

To my surprise today, it wasn't the technical know how that I learnt most during my stay there, but it was working with two of the most talented and hard working people that I would always remember. Both of these two people would leave the company I work for in a few months/days, and a lot of times I try to recollect how I first met them/was introduced to them. How I reacted when I met them, is a blur in my memory.

Among these two, one of them is from Kolkata who I guess by my approximation would definitely think of me as just another geek in town. Well when I was in Delhi I did try to impress the opposite, but my love for geeky computer knowledge was too much to avoid noticing. I still remember the way we had to travel from airport to guest house. We were three people traveling in a Wagonr and luggage occupying the fourth seat. Just imagine the seating layout in the situation and you would get the picture. Whenever I recollect that I feel like laughing at myself. Boy-o-boy what a dumbo I was !

Years pass by and somehow, the moments that you remember the most aren't the ones when you're at your greatest, but when you are caught off guard.
After being in Delhi for nearly six months, all I could blabber about when I met someone new was, "I don't want any more travel". I had been on the move for nearly two years and wanted an end to it. Now that I am back at a client site, I would like to blabber that again once more as soon as I get back :P

No comments: