Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bike

It’s been almost a month since I last rode my Avenger. I could hardly wait to get my hands on it the night I came back. It was parked in the office and it was pretty late in the night when I came back so I hardly had any options. The next day in the morning the first thing I did when I entered the office campus is to rush up the stairs to where the bike is parked and move the bike around to get a feel of the bike. It felt different but it was good to get back on the rider seat. I wanted to leave off with the bike but unfortunately the office day had just started. Avenger is a bit notorious when it comes to cold start. Often it fails to start off when you haven’t ridden it for some days. With this idea in mind I thought why not give the bike a warm up before I head off back home, so I headed off to the parking area and tried starting it using the electric start (unfortunately there is no kick start). Five minutes into the attempt but no avail. I left the bike there and came back up to my office desk. The latter half of that evening ended up researching on means to start my bike. An article suggested giving the bike a push and while in motion to switch on to gear one. Thankfully it worked.

While on the way back, the bike felt different. It wasn’t sounding bad or giving me hiccups but an improved responsiveness surprised me. It was as if I was riding freestyle with no hooks attached. Traffic didn’t play spoilsport and I got through the evening rush pretty decently given the chaos that Bangalore traffic is so used to. Now the bike only needed was a good wash. And thankfully enough it rained yesterday cleaning up the month full of dirt and other nuances. What a day :D

No comments: