Friday, November 29, 2013

Recollection - 1

A year back I was different. A year back was something else. A year back this blog was full of blogs of a different kind.

Well it was for a purpose, and it did that very well. However, it had a side effect on making the next one seem predictable or biased towards a single train of thought. It had to be broken. Being predictable is boring.

So lets get back to things with a new start.

2013, was a different year. It has not yet passed out but soon will. A year would seem like a big time - 365 days or 6360 hours or 22896000 seconds. Seems like a life time can be made and changed in this amount of time, but some times even these 22 million seconds seem too small to see apart. I am sure 2014 will be like this again. A famous guy once said "Live your life as if today is your last day", tried following that but it seems I forget that every day ! Trips and office work were aplenty. Year one of marriage is pretty hectic I would say. Year three would be a different story although :P if everything is as the plan says.No further comments.

I recently made my first international trip. Vacation ! It was to Sri Lanka. Well in short it is like south india with different cars and different language. A bit cleaner than what I am used to. But people there are new to hospitality industry. Though I realized how much nationlist I am when I felt proud seeing Indian brands marketed everywhere. Airtel, Tata, Baja, Maruti, o boy I was glad ! Even the driver showing off the great river Sri Lanks seemed small to what is in India. If I look beyond that, I can see Toyota cars and buddha statues everywhere. Food in Sri Lanka was not a happy story for a veggie. Firstly its too expensive and then heavily influenced by us culture. Tea and coffee has no milk. I absolutely hated the coffee and tea there. The final question, is Sri Lanka a worthwhile holiday destination ? Well if your destination is some place outside india, then Sri Lanka is the cheap option. I didn't find anything new other than the cleanliness. Ot is the same as a Indian tourist place. 










2 comments:

Aboli said...

When is our next international trip??----:P

Aboli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.